The Royal Ontario Museum is amongst the largest museums in North America.It is situated north of Queen’s Park and east of Philosophers walk with its main entrance facing Bloor Street in Downtown Toronto. The original building was designed by Toronto Architects , Frank Darling and John A Pearson in 1910-1912 and opened its doors on march 14,1914. Alfred H.Chapman and James Oxley designed the first addition to the museum in 1933. The newest expansion to the ROM was in 2007 designed by polish architect Daniel Libeskind. This new building was named after Michael-Chin Lee who donated 30 million dollars towards its construction. The ROM houses various galleries ranging from world cultures to fossils and mineral specimens.